Alan R Jones & Sons Ltd is a logistical solutions company, offering transport, distribution and warehousing. When we refer to ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ we mean Alan R Jones & Sons Ltd which is registered at Nash Mead, Queensway Meadow Industrial Estate, Newport, NP19 4SU.
Established in 1971, the company fully understands its duties, obligations, responsibilities and liabilities in relation to the personal data that it processes itself and on behalf of its clients, in the course of providing them with services.
Personal data we collect about you
We may use the following types of personal data:
Your name, the business name, address, email address, IP address, your job title, our communications with you, details of our contract with you, financial transactions (invoices, business bank details), records of the work we have carried out for you where you become a client.
Where we get the personal data from
The information that Alan R Jones & Sons Ltd can gather is from a number of ways/sources and by way of example they can be:
• From information we you have provided us to allow a specific task(s) be carried out on your behalf which can be via the phone, written word or through documents that we are given by you to provide the service you are seeking
• When you offer up your business card asking for promotional material or to arrange a meeting that you are seeking as part of our overall services
• From communications from you
• From referrals where we have been mutually introduced to each other
• From the details you gave us to establish a customer account, including invoicing and payment details
• Our Web site is set up to gather information using cookies
Cookies are small files which are placed on your computers, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies help this website to analyse traffic and visitors and help our site respond to you as an individual.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used on our site and analyse visitor behaviour through statistics. If you wish to restrict, block or delete cookies from a website you have visited you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different so check the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you do this do bear in mind that certain personalised features of the website cannot be provided to you.
What do we do with the information
We use the information to provide you with for example:
• process orders that you have submitted;
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
• seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
• notify you of changes to our services;
• send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest;
• issue invoices and provide customer services
We use post and email to communicate. We consider that it is in our business legitimate interest to use your personal data in this way.
Disclosing or Sharing information
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Personal data held by us may be transferred to third party organisations that provide applications/functionality, data processing or IT services to us and third party organisations that assist us in providing goods, services or information.
If you apply for a customer account with us, we share the information you have provided to us on our customer account application form with our credit checking agency. You give us your consent when signing the account application form.
Occasionally, we may receive requests from third parties with authority to obtain disclosure of personal data, such as to check that we are complying with applicable law and regulation, to investigate an alleged crime, to establish, exercise or defend legal rights. We will only fulfil requests for personal data where we are permitted to do so in accordance with applicable law or regulation.
When we share personal information with these parties we require that they only use or disclose personal information in a manner consistent with this policy. We also ensure that any contract with these organisations contains necessary privacy and security provisions in line with data protection legislation. We will not provide your details to any other third parties without your specific consent.
We do not transfer personal data to countries outside of the European Economic area.
Keeping Data Safe & Secure
We seek to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information. These are designed to protect your personal information from loss and unauthorised access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
How long we keep your personal data
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. There may be legal and statutory requirements which govern how long we should retain your personal data (eg financial records). Outside of these, we will keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant purposes set out above or set out in any relevant contract you hold with us, or until we become aware it is no longer valid or you ask us to delete it.
Access to information
You have the right to receive a copy of personal data we keep about you and to check we are lawfully processing it, by contacting us directly.
In certain circumstances you may also have the right to request:
• Correction of the data;
• Erasure – you have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it or where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your situation that makes you wish to object to us processing it;
• That we suspend processing the information;
• The transfer of your personal information to another party.
We may need to request specific information from you to confirm your identity, to ensure personal information is not disclosed to anyone who does not have the right to receive it.
We will not charge a fee to access your personal data but we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive; or we may refuse to comply with the request in these circumstances.
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at any time.
We reserve the right to change this privacy notice at any time and will keep it up to date. The latest version will always be on our website.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Questions or concerns
• If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/