Statement: Coronavirus and us
*MOST RECENT UPDATES FOUND BELOW
In a time of much unprecedented confusion due to the current state of affairs with Covid-19, at Alan R Jones we wanted to take this opportunity to inform our customers and staff of the measures we have put in place to support business continuity and protect everyone’s health and wellbeing.
First and foremost, we are and will continue to, follow the advice of the UK government on the coronavirus outbreak. We are closely monitoring the situation to ensure we can continue to support our clients as best as we can in these challenging times.
At Alan R Jones, we have implemented the following in an effort to support our work force and customers, and until we have formal advice from the government we will continue to operate as ‘business as usual’.
- We have issued all our staff with personal hand sanitisers.
- We are issuing weekly updates to the whole team on what is being reported as best practice by the government.
- We have set up separate workstations within the Traffic Office to ensure at least 2 metres of segregation between team members. We have also split the office team into two, with one half upstairs and one half downstairs. These measures will hopefully maintain business continuity should anyone come down with illness.
- The drivers all carry a PDA to obtain signatures so, we have instructed them not to hand over the PDA to anybody for signature, the driver will confirm the recipient’s name and type it in themselves.
- During the weekly briefing update, we instruct and remind the whole team to wash hands thoroughly, clean work areas and avoid contact where it is possible and practical. We also if needed, re-issue hand sanitiser.
- We have cancelled all non-essential meetings and during this period will not be out and about visiting customers so if you want to speak with somebody please give us a call.
- We have restricted access to deliveries coming into the depot. All deliveries are being monitored and the delivery drivers are being told to sanitise their hands before they enter the site
As a business, we are totally committed to the health and wellbeing of our team and the wider community. However, if you have any immediate concerns please contact Managing Director, Ray Clegg, who will be ready to respond to any queries you have.
We would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for your continued support. In times like this, we all need to support each other and stick together. This crisis will eventually pass and we will support our team and work very hard to maintain the standards that you have come to expect from us over the last forty years.
We will keep calm and carry on until we are advised otherwise by the government.*
Notice to all Customers: Coronavirus Update
Firstly we send our best wishes to you all and hope that you are all managing to stay healthy in what are very scary times for many people.
With immediate effect delivery drivers and administration staff will no longer be able to handle customer delivery notes. This is a nationwide agreement being implemented by all pallet networks. This means that your paperwork can only travel in a document envelope attached to the pallet by your own staff.
The driver will not request that paperwork to be signed and is not allowed to handle it.
Your deliveries will be signed electronically on the drivers PDA by the driver himself in the presence of the customer. As usual you will be able to view the digital signature on our portal once the delivery has been completed it will show a printed name from the recipient of the goods.
Once again thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these difficult times.
If and when we have further updates we will do our very best to keep you all up to date.
We wrote to you recently providing an update of some of the measures we are taking at Alan R Jones and Sons to help combat the spread of coronavirus by following NHS and Public Health England / Government advice.
Last night (23.3.20 at 8.30pm) the Prime Minister made an address to the nation and he confirmed the following: (Source Gov UK website)
Prime Minister –
From this evening I must give the British people a very simple instruction – you must stay at home because the critical thing we must do is stop the disease spreading between households
That is why people will only be allowed to leave their home for the following very limited purposes:
- shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
- one form of exercise a day – for example, a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household;
- any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person; and
- Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home.
The Prime Minister concluded by saying – I want to thank everyone who is working flat out to beat the virus.
Everyone from the supermarket staff to the transport workers to the carers to the nurses and doctors on the frontline.
Last week a list of key workers was published; for which transport was one of them
Transport – This includes those who will keep the air, water, road and rail passenger and freight transport modes operating during the COVID-19 response, including those working on transport systems through which supply chains pass.
As things stand this means business carries on as usual for Alan R Jones and Sons.
We are working closely with Palletline and the RHA in order to maintain our service provision and monitoring all Government advice notices.
It is however inevitable that there will be some degree of disruption to services that may delay some deliveries.
We ask all customers to bear with us during these challenging times and we will keep you updated as and when things change.
The Directors & Senior Management Team – Alan R Jones & Sons
Source Gov UK website link https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-address-to-the-nation-on-coronavirus-23-march-2020
MOST RECENT UPDATE: 30/03/20
To all our valued customers,
Firstly, I hope you are all well and coping with this incredibly difficult situation.
At Alan R Jones, we continue to provide a full delivery and collection service and we remain a strong part of the KEY WORKER team across the UK, providing an essential service to the nation in these unprecedented times.
We are open for business and we will continue to do all we can to keep our customers going for as long as we are allowed.
If you have any specific needs or have any questions on what best to do when sending your goods out, give us a call we will do our very best to support you.
We will remain loyal and supportive.
Please keep following Government advice, stay safe and save lives while remembering that we will get through this if we stick together.
Diolch yn fawr for your continued support, we value your custom.
Take care and stay safe.
The ARJ Team.Back to News/Blog