Sea freight is a cost-effective method of transport for your goods. Alan R Jones & Sons can offer clients all relevant services for less-than-full container shipments (LCL) and full container loads (FCL) to all the world’s major ports.
Our sea freight service operates to the same high standard as our award-winning pallet transport offering, aiding customers with their international business by providing:
- 20ft/40ft container shipping, FCL and LCL
- Port to port
- Door to door
- Export documentation, packing & labelling
- Customs clearance
- Direct transshipment
- Inland cartage
In addition we offer a systematic approach stuffing and unstuffing facilities for containers of any type, reducing the risk of damaging goods while maximising container space.
Our container experience includes:
- Palletised cargoes (inc. plastics, grit, pet products, packaging and equipment)
- Big bags (inc. refractory minerals, powders, plastics, grits and pet products)
- Bundled and packaged goods (inc. timber, steel and metals)
- Loose goods / bags (inc. loose 25kg bags)
- Drums and barrels
Alan R Jones is ideally placed to receive cargoes in containers from Portbury and Southampton. Our storage location is well equipped with container ramps and low-profile forklifts, in order to empty and load containers quickly, efficiently and safely. The goods can then be stored in open or covered storage facilities and delivered in lots as required by our customers. These locations have good links to the M4 and M5, offering ideal access to the main UK road network.
Best of all, our sea freight solutions come with the same level of customer service and on-the-ball progress reporting that Alan R Jones is renowned for.